Monday, May 4, 2009

"Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother"

" The noblest calling in the world is that of a Mother. Motherhood is the most beautiful of all the arts, the greatest of all professions. She who can paint a masterpiece or who can write a book that will influence millions deserves the plaudits and admiration of mankind; but she who bears successfully a family of healthy, beautiful sons and daughters whose immortal souls will be exerting an influence throughout the ages long after paintings shall have faded, and books and statues have been destroyed, deserves the highest honor that man can give." David O. McKay

" My Mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it." Mark Twain

"Always be nice to your children because they will choose your rest home." Phyllis Diller

" A little boy forgot his lines in a Sunday school program. His Mother was in the front row to prompt him. She gestured and formed the words silently with her lips, but it did not help. Her son's memory was blank. Finally, she leaned forward and whispered the clue, "I am the Light of the world". The child beamed and with great feeling and a loud clear voice said, " My Mother is the light of the world."

" My husband and I are either going to buy a dog or have a child. We cant decide whether to ruin our carpets or ruin our lives." Rita Rudner

For two solid hours, the lady sitting next to a man on an airplane had told him about her grandchildren. She had even produced a plastic foldout album of all nine children. She finally realized that she had dominated the entire conversation on her grandchildren. "Oh, I'm so sorry. I know you certainly have something to say. Please,tell me.... what do you think of my grandchildren?"

I absolutely love being a daughter,sister,wife,mother and grandmother. These are the roles I have chosen in the theater of life, and although I don't deserve an academy award,the performance for me, has been unforgettable!! Have a wonderful Mothers day, all you wonderful Mothers!

"What would men be without women? Scarce, sir, scarce." Mark Twain






5 comments:

Feels Like Today said...

very nice:) I especially loved the one about the grandmother with all her grandkids pictures...I can relate! Happy Mothers Day Laurie:)

valpal said...

Laurie, Laurie, Laurie. You have this whole blogging thing wrong. You aren't supposed to put inspirational things on this, you are supposed to brag and bitch like everyone else.

Emily P. said...

aw mom. You are the best mother in the whole world. Thank you for everything you have done for me. For the times i recognized exactly what you did and for the many times i will never know about. Happy mothers day!
Em

mizkylie said...

Hi Laurie!! I saw your blog from Emily's...CUTE!!!

Bellastager said...

Thanks for your sweet comment! Your blog is so cute! I love all these quotes, and I feel so lucky to have such a wonderful mother as well as my wonderful aunts, like you, who have been like second mothers to me! I hope you had a great mothers day! Love ya!